On September 19, 2012, several members of EBG’s Wage and Hour practice group will be presenting a briefing and webinar on FLSA compliance. In 2012, a record number of federal wage and hour lawsuits were filed under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), demonstrating that there is no end in sight to the number of class and collective actions filed against employers. Claims continue to be filed, raising issues of misclassification of employees, alleged uncompensated "work" performed off the clock, and miscalculation of overtime pay for non-exempt workers.
In this interactive briefing and live webinar, we will discuss the recent trend in enforcement and class action lawsuits, as well as highlight several common mistakes that managers make when trying comply with the ever-changing and confusing area of the FLSA. Specifically, this briefing will teach you how to:
- Determine overtime eligibility
- Determine whether an employee is exempt
- Calculate overtime compensation correctly
- Avoid unauthorized overtime
- Navigate tip credits, tip pooling, and overtime calculation for wait staff
- Understand what constitutes off-the-clock work and other traps
- Develop strategies for avoiding additional wage and hour risks
You can register for the complimentary briefing here.